U.S.-led coalition targets ISIS in nine air strikes in Syria, Iraq
Eight of the strikes were near the Iraqi cities of Bayji, Haditha, Sinjar and Tel Afar
The United States and its coalition allies staged nine air strikes in Iraq and Syria in the latest round of daily attacks on Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) group on Tuesday, a Command Joint Task Force statement said.
Eight of the strikes were near the Iraqi cities of Bayji, Haditha, Sinjar and Tel Afar, striking tactical units, vehicles, buildings and a mortar position, the statement released on Wednesday said.
An ISIS tactical unit also was hit near Tel Abyad in Syria.
- Activists say U.S.-led coalition airstrike kills seven in Syria
- 1800GMT: Coalition forces intensify airstrikes in Yemen's Saada and Hajjah
- Saudi-led coalition accuses Houthis of ‘hiding’ among Yemeni civilians
- U.S., allies conduct 28 air strikes against ISIS
- Saudi FM: Yemen ceasefire starts on May 12
- Saudi-led strikes hit airbase in Yemen's Sanaa
- Saudi-led coalition launches airstrikes on Houthis
- Kerry urges Houthis, allies to enter talks