Egypt receives $6 bln from Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait: Central bank governor
Egypt has received $6 billion in deposits from each of the three Gulf states
Egypt has received $6 billion in deposits from Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Kuwait, Egyptian central bank governor Hisham Ramez said on Wednesday.
Each of the Gulf states deposited $2 billion, with interest of 2.5 percent on the deposits and maturities ranging from three to five years, Ramez told Reuters by telephone.
- Egyptian poet Abnudi dies at 76
- Egypt court sentences 22 to death over 2013 attack on police
- Egypt court seeks death for 11 in soccer stadium case
- Arab army chiefs to meet on joint military force
- Sinai bomb claimed by ISIS kills three Egypt soldiers
- UK archbishop on Egypt ‘visit of condolence’
- Egyptian culture minister allegedly has ‘problem with fat employees’