Red, Tartan & Fur: Key fashion trends this Fall/ Winter
Red has become the new black, fur is back in, matching some leather there won’t harm too
This season there are new trends to focus on for all fashion lovers. Many designers are focusing on different trends this Fall/ Winter with new materials, silhouettes and colors to welcome the coming months.
There’s a mix of old and new, with nostalgic pieces along with futuristic trends. It’s up to you to pick and choose.
Here’s a short list to keep you up-to-date for Fall/Winter 2014-15:
- Red is the new black: Every season, we have a star color and this season the star is the Red. We have seen it in previous seasons but this time it’s back with a vengeance. Red symbolizes power, anger, evil, love and passion. Dare to dress in red.
- Although associated with spring months, pastels are also strong this fall/winter season, with soft, powdery pieces that may remind you of the yummy shades of candy.
- Keep warm in the winter months with fabulous fur pieces in different shapes and comforting shades. Mix and match with leather to create attractive levels of texture in your outfit.
- Adding a geometric piece to your outfit will make you stand out. Try t-shirts printed with math formulas. Think school, think the chalkboard you stared at for years.
- Need a break from heels? You’re in luck. It’s fashionable to feel sporty this season, so go ahead and wear those sneakers. Takes you back to the nineties, right?
- This season, the prints are still here but stronger, be they small or big. Some designers looked to space for inspiration. Rodarte, a luxury brand, created Star Wars-inspired gowns.
- Capes are also making a comeback, think Little Red Riding Hood. Also, inspirations from other Fairytales have also made it to the catwalk, think the cuteness of Snow White with costume-like dresses.
- Tartan is perfect for winter and considered a timeless pattern. The designs vary from cozy/blanket like pieces to oversized coats, fluffy knitted wool for a warm winter and even sexy looks.