British boxing star Amir Khan announced that he will be establishing a Super Boxing League in Pakistan this year.
Co-founded by Khan, the league will welcome the next generation of enthusiastic boxers in the country.
A statement by Khan said that the league is set to be “a month-long tournament; it will be really amazing and I’m looking forward to watching the talent of Pakistan. This is going to be big time,” reported Dawn.
“I really believe we have huge amount of talent but no one has ever pointed it,” said Khan.
The league consists of eight teams welcoming male and female boxers. The scheduled fights will be held under the World Boxing Council.
- Amir Khan wins first fight in two years in 39 seconds
- Death threats over a Christmas tree: British boxer Amir Khan faces online wrath
- Amir Khan releases video confirming break-up with ‘cheating’ wife Faryal
- Boxer Amir Khan orders wife and family to end public feud
- Khan returns against Alvarez in Vegas