Dubai Investments PJSC, the leading diversified investment company listed on the Dubai Financial Market (DFM), has on Thursday reported a 47 percent surge in net profits to AED 302 million for the six-month period ended 30 June 30, 2021, as compared to AED 205 million for the same period last year.
Dubai Investments attributed the increase in net profit for the period is mainly due to enhanced performance of the manufacturing, contracting, and investment segments.
For the latest headlines, follow our Google News channel online or via the app.
Dubai Investments, according to its top official, has been diversifying into healthcare and education, as well as focusing on real estate.
Total income for the period also increased by 51% to AED 1.72 billion as compared to AED 1.14 billion for the previous period as the Group ramped up sales in its property segment.
The Group acquired additional 21.53 percent interest in National General Insurance PJSC (NGI) during the current reporting period. Subsequently, the Group has further acquired 15.19 percent interest in NGI, taking its total stake to 45.18 percent
Khalid Bin Kalban, Vice Chairman and CEO of Dubai Investments said, “We’re pleased to see that our activities in the first half of the year have led to all-round growth that is quite promising. As we move forward with our plans for the latter half of 2021, we expect to continue building on the momentum and successes achieved so far.”
Kalban pointed out the key to Dubai Investments’ performance “is our commitment to diversifying into healthcare and education, as well as focus on real estate, including the ongoing development of mixed-use communities in Mirdif Hills and Fujairah.
“We also continue to explore opportunities for sustainable growth across the sectors that we operate in and look forward to sharing updates on these in due course,” he said.
Number of commercial licenses in Dubai hits record, rising 77 pct in first half
Dubai Expo 2020: Everything you need to know about the UAE mega-event
Dubai high earners keep more of their salary than anywhere else in world: Report
- Number of commercial licenses in Dubai hits record, rising 77 pct in first half
- Dubai airport readies for passenger surge as UAE eases African, Asia travel curbs
- Move to promote Dubai as a regional, global hub for 3D printing tech gathers momentum
- Dubai high earners keep more of their salary than anywhere else in world: Report
- Dubai’s Museum of the Future: One of National Geographic’s 14 most beautiful museums
- Emirates Airlines offers Dubai-bound passengers free Expo 2020 day pass
- Dubai-headquartered startup to become first Middle East unicorn on Nasdaq
- Dubai’s Foundation Holdings invests in Jeddah-based primary healthcare chain
- Dubai Expo 2020: Everything you need to know about the UAE mega-event