The ceremony is part of the tradition set by Prophet Muhammad.
Dignitaries clean the inside walls of the Kaaba using cloths dipped in Zamzam water mixed with Oud perfume, which are then used to wash the interior walls.
Preparations for the washing start a day before the agreed date, with the mixing of Zamzam water with Tayef rose, oud and other luxurious perfumes. Towels were used to wipe the walls of the Kaaba, and after the guests leave its hall, its floor covered with washed marble, will be processed.
The interior walls are cleansed with a white cloth dipped in rose, and musk perfumes. Zamzam water mixed with rose perfume is splashed on the floor and was wiped with bare hands and palm leaves.
Usually, the entire process is completed in two hours. The interior walls of the Kaaba are three meters long and the inner surface of the roof is covered with green silk.
- Story behind the oldest door of Islam’s holy Kaaba
- Kaaba’s doors part of 466 rare Arabian pieces to be shown in Seoul exhibition
- VIDEO: Unexpected rain washes Islam’s holy Kaaba in Mecca
- What’s it like inside Islam’s holiest site, the Kaaba?
- Turkish man proposes to his fiance in front of the Kaaba
- WATCH: Kaaba cleaned after incident where man attempted to set himself on fire